For too long, small Black businesses have not had a website that serves as both a business development platform and a place for merchants to offer products and services for low cost to a wide shopping audience. Now, by teaming up with The SORC™ Radio Network, merchant members of Shop Black Enterprise® can reach shoppers like you throughout North/South America and Mexico along with 30-50 million other shoppers to show the nation and the world that Black Businesses Matter.
We have leveled the playing field and brought to you an array of product and service merchants to satisfy your every shopping need. In addition, we are offering you, the shopper, the most generous Customer Loyalty program that you will find anywhere. By registering you open your loyalty wallet and we show our appreciation by putting in your first SBE Black Coin™ providing you with a 20% discount on your first purchase.
Our merchants are devoted to servicing your shopping needs and offering unparalleled service. So again thank you for becoming a Shop Black Enterprise® shopper and supporting our merchants, their community and the nation’s economy.
1. The best Shopper Recognition Program on any shopping platform! You receive:
a) Your own SBE Black Coin Wallet so you can collect SBE Black Coins from purchases you make through Shop Black Enterprise®
b) These coins can be used for purchase discounts or as cash at any of our many thousands of Merchants
2. Only by registering and describing the most important products/services and the area where you live, we will send you targeted E-mails with special registered shopper sales and events so that you always get the very best deals on the products and services that you need and want; but ONLY for Registered Shoppers.
3. For your confidence in us you receive an SBE Black Coin for a 20% discount on your first one item purchase.
4. As a Registered Shopper you will receive exclusive discount coupons and special contests when you tune in and buy products and services through the Shop Black Enterprise Showcase™ broadcast live, every day, on The SORC® Radio Network. Find the deal of the day and so much more all because you are a Registered Shopper
5. Shopper Protection: Have a problem with the purchase of a product or a service? SBE has a specialist to screen and select merchants who will always put you, the customer, first. As a Registered Shopper If there is a problem where you would like additional assistance and you want to share information with us we will contact the merchant on your behalf so that you always have the best shopping experience.
6. By becoming a Registered Shopper you are standing up for Black Businesses Matter. We never take one red cent from any of our listed merchants! When you shop with them you are supporting Small Black/Minority Businesses with 100% of your purchase dollars. You are not here to make only one purchase but to put your money to work to get the best products and services and at the same time strengthen the small Black/Minority businesses community, a critical part of our economy and our communities. You do make a difference!
a) You can make a difference as a registered Shopper with your support of merchants on Shop Black Enterprise®According to the Minority Business Development Agency two million Black/Minority small companies generated more than $150 billion in gross revenue, which is less than 1% of the more than $2 trillion in reported gross revenue nationwide.
b) Your buying power can change people’s lives! Although Black women are well-represented among business owners, they earn disturbingly less money than other business owners. One study found that Black women-owned businesses earned an average of $24,000 in net revenue, compared to $142,900 among all women-owned businesses. That is an enormous and problematic gap.
c) You make an impactful choice to shop at a Black/Minority owned businesses every time you shop for groceries, pick out a new outfit, purchase something online or grab a cup of coffee. Shopping at a small disadvantaged business carries a host of benefits for your community, your neighbors and most importantly for yourself.
d) Shopping at a minority owned or run company is good for the community, but it is also good for you. Think about how powerful it can be if you change how and where you spend some of your income. As women and minorities have a combined buying power of around $10 trillion dollars, or about 66% of total US buying power. From homemade jewelry celebrating your cultural, such as African-American or South American, and handcrafted accessories to craft beers and black owner made wines, your community is filled with products you just cannot find anywhere else.
e) Instead of driving hither and yon and spewing out tons of carbon dioxide, you can let your fingers do the typing or your feet do the walking as many of these are small, local businesses. Many minority and LGBTQ businesses only sell online and have no physical store presence.
f) You can change the world! If consumer spending accounts for 70 percent of the entire US economy, imagine what directing some of that spending power to Black-owned businesses across the country can do. 48 percent of small business purchases are recirculated locally compared to only 14 percent of what’s circulated by chain stores.
g) Supporting Black-owned businesses in turn supports families, employees, and other business owners, as well as attracts community investors who provide banking services, loans, and promote financial literacy–all things that build economic strength.
h) When you choose a Black-owned business over problematic companies, you vote with your dollar by divesting from these kind of practices and hold companies accountable. And further down the road, you empower successful minority-owned businesses to implement equitable policies.